Foundation calls for investment proposals … closing date 30 August 2019
The Foundation is calling for new investment proposals. We aim to support research, development, extension and capacity building activities that support our Vision and Mission. Download the proposal template here.
Investments proposals must have a very specific and defined purpose, clear benefits to plant biosecurity in Australia, and be consistent with the Foundation’s Vision and Mission. Proposals are welcome from any organization or individual.
This 2019 funding round will focus on the following areas, although all proposals will be considered:
- environmental biosecurity (with clear overlap with social and community biosecurity), and in particular myrtle rust (with clear linkages to the Draft National Action Plan – below);
- building on the social biosecurity program of the PBCRC, including indigenous engagement;
- urban and peri-urban biosecurity;
- opportunities to promote and celebrate the International Year of Plant Health; and
- scholarships to attend the APPS 2019 Conference or other similar biosecurity-related conferences, focused on Early Career Researchers and developing country links.
Proposals must include an itemised quote not exceeding $30,000 (exc GST), with scholarships capped at $4000. Only one party (Project Leaders’ organisation) will be contracted using a Foundation Standard Project Agreement, unless negotiated otherwise.
See our IP Policy for information on IP ownership (below).
Feel free to contact the Foundation to discuss your proposal before submission.
Further information and past project investments can be found on our web-site (below).
The closing date for proposals is 30 August 2019. Download the proposal form here.
Please submit your proposal by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.